THE HISTORY OF THE EDUCATIONAL ESTABLISHMENT
The history of Machine-Building College of Sumy State University began in September 1917, when on initiative of former Belgian joint stock company vocational school for training machine builders for Sumy, Lebedyn and Akhtyrka districts of Kharkiv province was organized. In 1923 it was converted into industrial vocational school.
In 1928 the vocational school became industrial technical school which was named Machine-Building technical school in 1930.
Since 1952 until 1972 the technical school was headed by Dashchenko Petro Kononovych. Due to his efforts a hostel for 420 students was built in 1960 and in August 1966- a new education building was erected as well. Within all these years such specialities as «The Technology of Welding Production» and «Planning on Machine-Building enterprises were opened».
In 1972-1985 Salenko Pavlo Mychailovich held the post of the director of the technical school. Under his guidance the technical school hold a leading place among educational establishments of the USSR Ministry for Chemical and Oil Industry.
From 1985 to 1988 Skachedub Mykola Vasylyovich was in charge of the teaching staff. A new speciality «The Exploitation of Industrial Robots» was opened, which existed till 1992. In 1988-1998 the director of the technical school was Mychailic Yuryi Dmytrovich. In this period Sumy Machine-Building technical school was reorganized into Sumy Machine-Building College. A fertile cooperation with Sumy State University has begun. The college became a constituent part of a single scientific complex. The integrated curricula for engineering specialities have been developed. In 1999 the college entered organically into structure of Sumy State University as a structural unit and got new prospects for its further development.
Since 1998 the educational establishment has been headed by Mykola Mykolayovich Antykov. A great attention is being paid to reorganization of material base, computerization of training process, introduction of new forms and methods of work in methodical and education activity. Such specialities as «Economics of Enterprise»,» Exploitation of Processing System Information and Making Decisions», «Publishing and Editing», «Printing Industry» were opened in full-time department and Correspondence Courses were opened too.