MACHINE BUILDING COLLEGE of SUU
At present Machine building college is a higher 1st accreditation level educational establishment that trains bachelor degree and junior specialists in full time and part time departments.
Full time departments:
5.05050302 — «The technology of material processing on the machines and automatic lines with numerical control»;
5.05050311 — «Chemical and oil engineering»;
5.05040201 — «The foundry production of ferrous and nonferrous metals and alloys»;
5.03050401 — «Economics of Enterprise»;
5.05010101 — «Software systems and network maintenance»;
5.03030301 — «Publishing and Editing»;
5.05150101 — «Printing Industry».
The successful educational process of the college is guaranteed by the high professional level of teachers: 61staff teachers, 10 lecturers of the Sumy State University departments — 2 of them are the Professors of Sciences,
and 2 of them are leading specialists of city enterprises.
According teachers’ qualification there are:
• teachers of the highest qualification category — 36 (59%)
• teachers of the first qualification category — 10 (16%)
• teachers of the second qualification category — 5 (9%)
• teachers-specialists — 10 (16%).
All teachers have the appropriate education. They have an opportunity to improve their skills at the teachers’ training faculty of Sumy State University or at the Regional Institute of Postgraduate Studies.
Among college teachers’ staff there are:
• 1 person awarded with the titlle of «Honored Specialist in Education of Ukraine»,
• 1 person was titlled as «Honored Specialist of Physical Culture and Sports of Ukraine»,
• 7 persons are teachers — methodologists,
• 6 persons are Senior teachers,
• 11 persons were marked with the titlle of «Superior Specialist in Education of Ukraine».
Providing educational process
Machine building college meets the requirements of high quality training of mechanical engineering, metallurgical, economic, computers, publishing and printing industry. The college is proud of its computer center, with its six computer classrooms and a computerized library system having access to the Internet.
Engineering and economic specialties students have their practical training in such city enterprises as: Frunze enterprise, «UKRROSMETALL», «Nasosenergomash», and other city and regional enterprises of different ownership forms.
Computer specialty students have practice in the computer center of the college and city enterprises.
The students of editing and printing specialties have their practical training in the local newspapers and publishing city press centers, printing and publishing-houses, «Technology» enterprise.
During its lifetime the Machine building college has trained thousands of professionals who have made a great contribution to the development of mechanical engineering of the city enterprises. The graduates of college hold leading posts as the chief engineers and technologists. The graduates of the Machine building college have become skilled workers, prominent public personalities, scientists, outstanding sportsmen.
The Machine Building College was awarded:
• The Diploma of Honour of Presidium Supreme Council of Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic from November 24, 1967;
• The Diploma of Honour of Chemical and Oil Machine Building Ministry and of Heavy Machine Building Central Trade Union Committee workers of the USSR from 1977;
• The Diploma of Honour of the Chairman of Sumy region state administration from November 29, 2002;
• The Diploma of the Town Mayor from November 29, 2007.
Since 2000, the Machine Building College of the SSU has become the chief among twenty-three higher of the I- II accreditation level educational establishments of Sumy region, and so 10 of 14 teaching methods societies are headed by the teachers of the Machine building college.